I am commenting by giving a typical unit I would do research on using the internet as a teacher.
Unit on a Shakespeare play by a 6th and 7th grade teacher.
1. I would use the internet as a research tool, i.e. researching Shakespeare through sites like the Folger’s Library
2. I would order books of the text on-line and be able to not only compare prices but research which book is best for my age group.
3. I would find videos of the play. (I sent this to a friend and got 2 great videos recommended already)
4. I would use the internet to order materials, i.e. for bulletin boards
5. I hope your plan would give me the ability to “converse” with another teacher about how Shakespeare can be taught to this age group.
6. I hope your plan would allow me, and other educators, to self-publish and be a source for other teachers.
7. I am hoping this plan would allow the possibility of forming forums for discussion, like:
A. How to organize the unit.
B. Materials that would help in the teaching of the unit.
C Areas to be explored within the unit
D. How to motivate a student or students to enjoy and learn from the unit.
E. Possible cross-curriculum ideas for teaching the unit:
a. Costume design and construction
b. Design and construction of sets
a. History of Shakespeare
b. World history around Shakespeare’s time
c. Shakespeare through the ages until today