1. The broadband should be accessible to the assistive tech used by the International Alliance of Audio Information Services (IAAIS.org), the means of access for those who are blind or print-impaired.
2. All video content should be audio described for those who are blind, comparable to captioning for those who are deaf.
In particular, I do not see that the educators discussing the problem have much of an idea about Supercompting. I tis here. We who work with the research communities know that it is coming and we participate in the use of data mining, creating models and visualization and using programs such... more »
What do you think Tim is talking about here? What would "government as a service" look like in the Education space? Consider varying "shades of grey" -- inside the classroom? Instruction without a classroom?... more »
What kind of education system do we need?
Public elementary and secondary schools around the world were designed for the agrarian age. The six hour school day allowed time for the children to do daily farm chores and the 180 day school year allowed them to help plant and harvest crops. Such schedules meant that school facilities were created around the needs of the farm economy. With the industrial revolution schools... more »
TeachersFirst.com, a free, ad-free service of the non-profit The Source for Learning (www.sourceforlearning.org) has been conducting... more »
Unit on a Shakespeare play by a 6th and 7th grade teacher.
1. I would use the internet as a research tool, i.e. researching Shakespeare through sites like the Folger’s Library
2. I would order books of the text on-line and be able to not only compare prices but research which book is best for my age group.
3. I would find... more »
There are some interesting ideas in this document:
I wonder if anyone has input on them? The questions about:
* Authority in learning?
* Classroom vs virtual?
* Learning vs participating?
I would appreciate any feedback or comments on this and what it means to you in your classroom, school or other educational domain. Thanks - Steve